The cabin was built by Hans Erickson of Pinawa for his daughter Linnea and her family. It was built in the early 1930’s and was modeled after the log houses at the Old Pinawa Generating Station on the Pinawa Channel. The cement foundation, covered with local granite was the work of Karl Haugen. This building was situated across the road from the northern boundary of the Pinawa Heritage Park.
The cabin was moved in 2007 and is now the home of the Lac du Bonnet and District Historical Society Museum.